So, we've mentioned it before, that we were on the hunt for Shoes and Dresses for Sami's Graduation, which also prompted our trip to Dublin where only my sister was successful in finding something. It took a lot of trawling round the internet for both of us to find something we liked but eventually we got there!! So here you go, us in our Graduation finery!


Jesse
Dress - Asos
Shrug - New Look
Shoes - New Look

Sami
Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes - Topshop

We both ended up wearing high heels, because it is apparently impossible to find kitten heeled blue heels, though now that I dont want them, they are everywhere. I did fall in love with those 5 inch topshop heels though and I wore them right until the end of the ceremony when my poor feet couldn't take it any longer and I stuck on my blue denim flats from Asda. And for your viewing pleasure, here is a nice close up of them!




We had a good day at the Graduation ceremony and whilst collecting my parchment, I got to shake hands with Cold Feet actor, James Nesbitt, who is the chancellor for my University. He also gave a good speech and quoted Bilbo Baggins in saying:  "The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say".

Also, since I'm a big smarty pants, I got lots of cool presents, mainly in the form of cupcakes, chocolate or jewellery. I'm definitely jewellery-ed out. My granny alone bought me, two necklaces, a bracelet and a little butterfly charm for my charm bracelet. Jesse bought a cupcake necklace and a bracelet which had a little silver leaf on it. My mum and dad bought me an awesome Pandora bracelet which has an 'S' charm and little books which are awesome! Hopefully I'll get to wear some of it soon!

Also, I have a nickel allergy so it's quite difficult to find Jewellery that I can actually wear, so Jesse and I have decided to start making our own! We sat the night before my graduation, putting some together so we could show them off throughout the day, so far we have managed to put together a couple of things, but we are still working on it and there will definitely be a post about it when we're ready to get it all on the go. But here is my favourite item so far:

 It's a little blue notebook with some beads and a 'made with love' charm which will go on every item!

All in all, it was a successful day, though a long one but we all enjoyed it, especially our dinner at Yokos Noodle Bar! 

We have been celebrating with family dinners and tomorrow, we're having a big drunken celebration with our friends who are coming up from all over the place, which hopefully we will report on at some point!

Until tomorrow,
Sami & Jesse

Comments (0)